Ry Cooder recommendation...

My knowledge of his work has never been more than his participation on Safe As Milk...but I recently heard a performance at some folk festival from 1979 on the radio & it was just him playing a slide guitar.
Can anyone recommend an album of the same stripped back style ? 

Thanks.
128x128infection
bdp24,

Leave it to you to bring us all down to reality. .. JUST KIDDING!

I ALWAYS appreciate your knowledgeable insight!

I am quoting from the back jacket of my "A Meeting By The River" lp/Analogue Productions... monitoring was done with the inclusion of an ET tonearm/SOTA Star Sapphire tt.

It always brings great pleasure to mention the inclusion of the ET arm in regards to any great recording' production!

Little Village is still a great demo lp!!

Cheers!
Yea Ry Is One Of Those Artists That Does It All
I Have An Excellent Japanese Pressing For Sale 

RY COODER CHICKEN SKIN MUSIC REPRISE P-10253 Japan OBI Vinyl LP

have lots of other great Japanese Pressings for sale just look up Jamhog on Canuck Audio Mart
cool!!
Been a huge fan if RC since about 1974, no bad albums and few like one another.  Older stuff is a hoot; funky, country-ish, blues-ish, comical.  He is hysterical!  Chavez Ravine and I Flathead are more recent records which show his musical genius.  Other perhaps under the radar albums definitely worth owning are The Slide Area, Borderline, Chicken Skin Music.  I think I own most every commercial record and/or cd he's recorded.  IMHO one of the top modern American musicians of our era.  Hard to go wrong with Ry on the slide.