Rush remasters- thumbs up.

The thread about drummers reminded me of this.
I've been picking up a few of the recently released remasters of classic Rush albums- so far I have "Caress of Steel", "2112", and "A Farewell to Kings". The sound is very good, and the price is usually less than newly released cds. It's been fun "rediscovering" this band, and I recommend these remasters if you like Rush.
For fans who are interested in the meaning of the songs, here's a site with an interesting interpretation:
http://www.egodeath.com/rushlyrics.htm#xtocid22911
unit1865

Showing 1 response by mingus77079

Unit 1865-somebody slipped LSD into your coffee.Did you read that website,(according to Mr T.Leary)ninety per cent of all Rush lyrics are about the mind expanding effects of acid and how the Goverment is denying us all access to a free collective mind experience-hello,'The Trees'is a criticism on Communism,'2112', is about musical oppression-better done by Frank Zappa's,'Joe's garage',Bastille Day is about.......well I could go on, but we all know Peart's political stance,and there are a few references to The Fountainhead,but the Government is oppressing my innate desire to take LSD and therefore denying my elevation to a higher consciouness-as I say check your coffee.