Rotel RC995 preamp. 2 versions?

I currently own the RC995, and I noticed on the Rotel website that there were 2 versions of this preamp. 1 retailed for $900, and 1 for $700. Any Rotel experts out there that can tell me if this is correct, and how do I know which one I own?
jeffo19
So this brings us back to the original question. Will the Original retail price of the RC 995 please stand up?
Yes. I think the earlier models from 95, 96 maybe, were being built in Japan. I have a RC995 but mine is China, but my RB 990BX amp that was made just a couple years earlier is JAPAN.
My understanding is that the price was lowered to $700 when they were closing out the model. My unit was made in China. One seller on Ebay listed the unit he was selling as being made in Japan? Interesting. A great affordable pre-amp.
I called up Rotel, and the tech told me that he is pretty sure there was only 1 model. They are getting back to me about why there are 2 listed with different prices. It seems to be a mystery?
I'm not sure, but I've seen several duplicate components on the Rotel site with different ratings, features highlighted and different prices. I tend to think that they are simply mistakes. On several units, the year of manufacture is slightly different.
Did one not have Balanced inputs at one time perhaps, or was there ever a change in phono stage?