Romex to your amp?

One of my good friends, a non-aphile, asked me an interesting question...
I was discussing with him why my new pc made a nice improvement in my SQ.
So he asked me this question:
Why not take the Romex all the way from the wall and connect it to the amp...instead of
using an after market pc? His logic was that the in-wall cable is Romex and therefore a straight run to the power amp would be better ( or at least as good) as a break at the wall plug and an after market pc to the amp. Does he have a point??
128x128daveyf
Didn't necessarily mean "electric" juice. Meant "juicy slurpy goodness" juice. BTW, this was seventeen years ago.
I was going to do exactly as your friend described except wire the Romex into my Shuyata Denali Hydra 6000S power conditioner instead of an amp. The Shuyata Denali was intended to tale out any line interference.

Unfortunately, I was informed this was a NEC (National Electric Code) violation which might void your homeowners insurance if discovered after a fire for example. Other than that it is logical it would work if your power conditioner would take out any RF or other types of interference, rather than a ridiculously expensive power cord. Just a thought, not based on anything but common sense, admittedly not expertise.

Mike
@Gongli3... That's what I did.  Ran dedicated romex runs direct to the breaker panel... all in steel conduit.  The 'noise floor' dropped to nothing.
Do people know that transformers in linear power supplies are pretty effective at filtering high frequencies?  Any idea the ratio of the inductance of 40 feet of house wire versus a transformer leakage inductance? 

How about likely the most critical aspect is ground continuity between equipment?

I am curious what, in all these theoretical ideas do people think they they are improving and what is critical? 

Solid wire is used because you don't get loose strands or broken strands, not because it conducts better.

With a small power transformer bandwidth, why do we care about 5 -9s copper or crystal grains when people who make 10ghz+ cables don't?
Makes it little sense to me. What is going through the Romax is what I'm cleaning up with the 3 - 6' power cords. Why would I want to extend that to my amps? YMMV