Rogue DragoN or Bel Canto Ref600 M

Considering moving to either a Rogue DragoN or Bel Cato Ref600 M’s.  Current equipment: PrimaLuma HP Integrated, PS Audio Direct Stream Sr. DAC and Joseph Audio Prospectives.  Initially will use PS Audio as pre.  Looking for more headroom while maintaining classic tube like sound stage and move to US based equipment.  
Would like to hear others opinions / experience with Rogue and Bel Canto etc.  

testrun

Showing 3 responses by mapman

Agree nothing  wrong by any stretch  going with Rogue all out if that is what is in one’s cards. Their integration of Class D amp technology makes anything possible even with tubes. Great approach, great sound, great value!

Yes, if it were me, and wanted to keep my tube options open, I would go with the ref600m (100kohm input impedance RCA input, 200kohm balanced, same as my older ref1000ms) and throw whatever pre-amp I want at it, tube or otherwise.
I am very familiar with both BC and Rogue lines though not as much those specific models. Own BC ref1000ms and have heard and considered other Rogue hybrid gear for the future.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way but the idea of a hybrid power amp like that as compared to a hybrid integrated amp like Rogue Pharoah or Sphinx is new to me. WOuld love to hear the Dragon. On paper it is one I would strongly consider. I am a fan in general of tube/Class D hybrid sound but also am always looking to lose the tubes whenever possible.

If you want to keep a few tubes in the picture that Dragon amp is one way to do it.

I also have a BC c5i Integrated amp. SImilar Class D amp but no tubes, all digital. Different sound!

Which is better? I think it comes down strictly to personal preferences. Both options are  likely in the same league.