RMAF 2016 "No Schiit?"

Schiit Audio released 2 new pre-amps and a new amplifier today at RMAF 2016.  

The smaller pre-amp was $350 (ish?) and the larger was $699, I believe.  The amp is a class d design and can be ran in stereo or bridged.  Its chassis is half width so 2 of them side by side is the same width as the larger pre-amp.  The smaller preamp is the same width as a bifrost.  They use tubes in their linestage (i believe). The smaller preamp has 1 tube, the larger preamp has 4.  They both have remotes.  The smaller 1 has 1db volume adjustments, the larger has .5db volume adjustments.  The equipment looks really nice and is priced really reasonably.  On a side note, Schiit has a "Modi" multibit dac as well (dont know if thats new...)

Sorry for the lack of specs or knowledge; just wanted to share some schiit!
128x128b_limo

Showing 2 responses by naimfan

I visited the Schiit room briefly.  Didn't know the speakers at all, but thought the system was rather bright and forward.  Was it the speakers?  The amp?  Preamp?  Source?  Who could say?  Whatever was responsible, I was disappointed. 
Amen to different strokes!

Love to hear it in a controlled environment sometime. 

On a positive note, I got to compare the Chord Hugo to Hugo TT to DAVE.  No prizes for guessing that DAVE was the best sounding - it was nothing short of brilliant.