Ripping CDs

I would like to be able to rip CDs. My streamer, Cambridge CXNv2 doesn’t have that capacity. although it can store CDs. What do I need to rip CDs?

128x128rvpiano

@rvpiano 

I use an Innuos Zenith mk3.  It rips cds, is an excellent streamer, and I subscribe to Qobuz.

I’m starting with rare, oop cds, and meanwhile, I continue to listen to SACDs and blu rays.  I use Qobuz to preview new stuff before I buy, and listen to esoteric artists that I normally wouldn’t listen to.  

I just retired, so I have lots of time.  Good luck!

If you hate the idea of using a computer, there is all in one rippers out there.

I frequently use a Cocktail Audio X45 that makes the process very simple. I prefer that to using the computer.   If on a budget, here is an idea:

Get yourself a used Sony HAP Z1ES.  Add a slim CD drive and you are in business.  It even works as a music server, and is a excellent player in its own right.   I liked it so much, I did a review of it here:  

You can buy a dedicated CD copier, but they are expensive.  If you buy a

streamer that rips CD’s as well, that will be expensive.  Getting a used computer somewhere would probably be your best bet.

@ghdprentice 

I believe you are assuming that the desired content is available through some subscription service, preferably one to which the OP is subscribed.  Yes?  Or am I missing something?

There are a few (not many) CDs in my collection that I cannot find on Qobuz, which is my subscription service.  I have to rely on my ripped copies of those titles.

OP, if you have a good relationship with a dealer, they may be able to rip your CDs for you for a nominal fee.  That is the route I followed myself.