Riggle Vtaf w/Rega P9 & RB1000. Good idea or not?

Greetings fellow vinyl lovers! I am buying a Rega P9 with the RB1000 arm. My cartridge is a Clearaudio Maestro. I would really like to have VTA adjustment capability with this table and have heard very good things about the Riggle Vtaf VTA adjustment wheel. Here is the question. Is it a good idea to install the Vtaf on the P9. Has anyone out there done this and what was your experience? The RB1000 has a 3 point attachment system that is different than the less expensive Rega arms, so I am little wary of installing the Vtaf on the P9. Also, this is an expensive table to mess with and I would not want to effect it in any negative way. By the way, I have about 5,000 records, 3,000 being classical, and I play vinyl most of the time.
Thanks,
Joe
jbcello

Showing 2 responses by glide3

Pete makes the VTAF so that your arm mounts right to the unit.
I find even slight adjustments in VTA to make significant differences in quality of playback so to have this ability is the benefit
I did this with an RB700 (same 3 point mount as your 1000) on a customized lenco L-75 with very good results.
I do think it may require you to enlarge the mounting hole on your rega ...if you contact Pete Riggle he will undoubtedly be able to take you through the ins and outs as he is very nice to deal with and very knowledgeable.