Ribbon cable inside amplifiers

I have been looking inside amplifiers on google images, newbie here…wondering if ribbon cable inside the amplifiers is a cheap way for them to build…I was looking at Pass Labs seem to have a lot of ribbon cables…

silverfoxvtx1800

I wonder if Pass Labs use ribbon in the audio path?….

What if he does?? I mean it seems like you’ve just kind of randomly hit upon some feature of audio construction you were not previously aware of you are now fixated on. It’s a poor way to judge gear.

This is why I’m suggesting you build your own instead of arm-chair judging gear based on pictures and conjecture and an unexplained problem with a particular use of connection methods.

Listening to the amp is really the only way to judge his results. The proof of the pudding is not in the ingredients but in the eating.

And why are you fixated on poor Pass for using ribbon connectors?  Have you been looking at other amps too?? Lots of ribbon cables there too.

Years ago when modifications to Sony SCD-1 SACD players were in vogue I substituted harnesses of Audio Consulting soft-annealed silver wire for ribbons in the digital and analog domain to good effect.  But it's too much time and effort to repeat such experiments today.

@dgarretson - Nice to see you my friend.

I think those are fun experiments to do,  honestly, but I wouldn't do it on a megabucks amp as my first trial.  Given the advent of streaming, and 1 PCB construction I wonder how much of that is even possible with modern designs?