Review on Coda Technologies 16 Amplifier went live today

Just wanted to inform the individuals that have shown interest in reading the full review on Stereo Times website, not just the comments on the on-going thread about the 16 amplifier, that it was posted this morning.  It gets into the details why this is a spectacular piece regarding performance, build quality, and it's very reasonable price for what you get for your money.

teajay

I see your speakers are about 88 db. Do the altecs drive it well? What kind of power output do they have?

@smodtactical 

The Modded Altec Lansing 1570B mono blocks have 165 watts each. They run (2) 811A power triodes. The high voltage Peerless transformers are what makes them special. No one makes these anymore.

I have a 96db speaker currently use an OTL and very happy too. 

I was looking for a SS amp from a flavour pov of great low LF. Anyone have an opinion on the S 5.5 since I dont need a lot of power it looks like the ticket for me. 

I've been a Pass Labs owner in the past and I find the sound boring vs say Karan Acoustics which I owned too. 

I've since departed from SS completely and gone down the high sensativity speaker and low power amp way. Looking to have a good SS now. 

Would be glad to know opinions of others on the S5.5 50watt pure class a amps.