REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 2 responses by pinwa

I own the Moabs and Magnepan 3.7's.  The Moabs have a very rich involving sound but the fact that they are cheaply made, poorly damped, box speakers also shows up in the way they sound.  The Magnepan's are a little less involving but technically I would say they are better if you have the space to properly position them.  I like them both for different reasons but if you held a gun to my head I would choose the Maggies first. The planar sound coupled with a pair of subwoofers is incredible. If you like tubes the Maggies aren't really an option without a much bigger budget. Ultimately, it is apples and oranges and a very personal preference.  I have never listened to the Revels or any other high end speakers except for the Spatial Audio X3's which I suspect are better than either the Maggies or Moabs but again different sounds for different tastes.
@jeffvegas can't wait to hear your side by side comparision of the Revels and Moabs.  So few people on here post opinions based on actual a/b comparisions which is the only real way to know what you prefer. Just be prepared for the wait on the Moabs that is probably around 3 months now.