REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 2 responses by musicaddict

I will never forget spending an evening with John Dunlavy at his shop in Colorado Springs, ca: 1994.  Gene, an 'experienced' audio salesman friend of mine from The Sound Shop took me there to see and hear the SC line and meet John.  I thought John was quite an amazing person. It is a nice memory. The speakers were great and a firend got IVs
I have seen and heard the Tektons for years at RMAF as well as Revel and am surprised (others may not be) they are mentioned together at all. They seem so different sounding to me.

I believe the Revel to be a far superior speaker in engineering and more importantly in fine sound quality. When I see 'unique' engineering and logic I wonder why I don't see it elsewhere. I remember thinking the Tektons looked a bit garage-built in a woodshop and the sound never did it for me. Different strokes...

Please, for your sanity, pick the Revels and enjoy for a long time! I hope all the Tekton owners love and enjoy their speakers as well; that's why we got our stuff anyway.