REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 2 responses by dtximages

If you think that "better engineered" means a better speaker you're wrong.  However, there's a very good chance the Revel is NOT better engineered.  Check out GR Acoustics youtube channel and you'll see how crappily some high-end speakers are engineered and cut corners.

If you think the Moab is only for partying or rock, you're smoking crack.  

I trust little of what self-described "audiophiles" say on here.  I just got a pair of Klipschorns that are absolutely 100% phenomenal and audiophiles turn their noses up to them.  But as PWK would say, BS. 

All that said, and having owned Tekton (sold them) I cannot wait to own another pair. Saving up for the Moabs since my Double Impacts were SO good.
I've never been overly impressed with Revel, they're nice, but in that price range there are so many better speakers - with much better resell fyi.. Look at products by KEF, used Thiel, etc.  Best used deal I ever got (besides my Khorns) were the Thiel CS 2.3.  I think the Thiel would slaughter the Revel.  That was a properly engineered speaker, not a mass produced Harmon product.  

Also, if you want great engineering look at the KEF Reference line used.  I almost traded my KEF Reference for B&W 802 d2 and boy am I glad I didn't.  The KEF is in a different league while the B&W is very nice, but eh whatever.