Revel F208 - worth a try?

Is anyone going to talk me out of buying a pair of Revel F208? I currently have Sonus Faber concerto book shelfs and a couple subs. I recently (couple weeks ago) got the benchmark amp and it sound great and really helped with the speakers, but I have had the SF for about 15 years and I am bored with them. I find they are too soft and not detailed enough (probably just their nature and they are getting old). I want something detailed and neutral (not bright !). I listen to male/female vocals, blues/southern rock, some electronic remixes, and some music from the 70s for fun (oh, HT use as well). I have a large room. The F208 would not be my end game and I might keep them for only a year or two but it is fun to try new things. I can get a pair for about $4k and return them if they hurt my ears. What do you think? Thank you.

12many

OP you said:

I listen to male/female vocals, blues/southern rock, some electronic remixes, and some music from the 70s for fun

Revel makes a great speaker but you might have a lot more FUN with JBL L100 Classic. A Revel/Harman dealer will likely carry both so you can compare:

I had the F206 for five years. Two SVS Sb3000 subs. I ran them with Anthem and Mcintosh. I preferred the Mcintosh. It was a great setup. I always thought about the 208s. I unfortunately didn’t have the space. For 4K you can’t go wrong. Enjoy!

Also I did smoke a mid driver and a tweeter. The customer service was fantastic. I had the two new drivers in less than 48 hours from the call. Not too shabby from Canada to Oregon.