Restored Marantz 2275 or Vincent Audio SV 237MK

I have owned and enjoyed my beautifully restored Marantz 2275 for about 2 years for now. The Marantz was chosen for it’s reliability and serviceability. I enjoy 2275 receiver for playing cds, but don’t listen to the radio much and haven’t use it for vinyl playing. Through the years of my life I always been a audio guy and owned a few tube and S.S. amps and read up on others stereo amps. I’ve always had a candy-eyes for the Vincent SV 237MK. Ultimately I like the tube-sound and being able to control the bass-kick frequency to my liking by use of the loudness switch. I know most audio purist don’t agree to the loudness switch, but this is how I enjoy my audio and it’s must on my list. The question I ask for those who are familiar with these two audio equipment is: Would you sell the reliable Marantz 2275 to get the Vincent SV 237MK you long for or not and why? Chuck
stereo_gen
I've not heard the Vincent SV 237MK so I don't know what it sounds like. I do own three vintage Marantz receivers and one Luxman.
To answer your question, if you really want the Vincent, then purchase it, but keep the Marantz, even if it means storing the Marantz. I read too many posts from those that regret selling their Marantz that was in good condition.
Lak3, Thank you for your respond! This is what make Audiogon Forum informative and valuable. I have bought the Vincent SV237 todayand keeping the Marantz as well!
You can never have too many amps, right!!
Congratulations on the purchase of the Vincent.
Please let us know how you like it and if it meets your expectations.