Resolving CD Transports Crowd Sourcing

Hi everyone! A couple of years ago I purchased my endgame CD transport- a Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T. Loved almost everything about the unit--highly resolving presentation, dead quiet background, balanced placement of instruments in a believable 3 dimensional soundstage, and  the synergy it had with my components. In fact I loved the transport so much I had two of them because Pro-Ject quality control and customer service is the pits. After almost a year of hassles, I'm swearing of Pro-Ject.

I'm in the market for a replacement CD transport that has the same qualities of the Pro-Ject minus the quality issues and customer service.

PS Audio, Jay's Audio, CEC, Audio Research (which are CD/DAC units) come up in my search. What are your thoughts? With all the bells and whistles the Pro-Ject was around $3300, so that gives you an idea of my budget, though I could go higher.

Thanks in advance!

128x128wharfy

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

Off the wall suggestion.

Now I know the OP specified a CD Transport and doesn’t want a streamer.

However….the Melco optical player can be used to either burn CDs to a Melco NAS or to play a CD.  It has to be connected to the NAS/player by usb in order to play the CDs.  I think it is a pretty quiet and resolving transport, but no I haven’t done side by side comparisons with the other CDTs mentioned here.  However…if it were of interest to the OP…besides playing CDs he would be able to rip them to a NAS.  

@thyname +1

I can’t believe that the OP is considering buying another Project after having 2 previous failures and complaining of inadequate CS.  This is like trying to counsel an abused woman who yet again is contemplating returning to her abusive mate because he keeps promising to change