Replacement Tubes

I'm in need of 6550 replacement tubes. I placed an order for them with the equipment manufacturer nearly three months ago and am still waiting for them.

I realize there's issues with the supply chain. However, I need these and am looking for a possible alternative.

Any recommendations or affirmation of "that's just how it is everywhere out there" would be appreciated.

Thank you!

rbschauman

Yes, there is supposedly a world wide tube shortage.  Prices are up a wee bit.  Russia has made lots of tubes for years.  They are having import/export problems to most other countries, just about everywhere these days.  I have bought from The Tube Depot in Memphis and Decware on several occasions and if they say they have in stock, you see the following week.  They ship same day or next.  You have got to ask, "are they in stock"?  I believe Upscale Audio is another source.  Don't know where you placed the order but there are lots of other sources.  A friend of mine used to order his tubes directly from Audio Research and that could some times take a while.  I would keep the order in with where you have it placed, unless they are talking years to get.  You can't have too many tubes.  Good luck. 

I always buy my tubes from Brent Jessee - you might want to check with him....