Replacement for KSA-50

Hi Amp Gurus,
I have a KSA-50 that is 10 years old that has blown one channel. I use it to drive Thiel 3.5. Is it worthwhile repairing the channel or buying an used amp for less than $1000. Please let me know if there are any good options that provide the same quality as KSA-50.

Thanks,
smileallways
Thanks Grannyring for your suggestion! It was a fuse. I have replaced it and it is working now.

While we are talking about my set up, I have another question. I have removed the equalizer that comes with the Theil 3.5 speakers as per a suggestion in Stereophile . Sound is cleaner now, but lacks bass weight below 60Hz or so. Question to all of you is what subwoofer do you recommend to go with this speaker to add some bass weight to the music.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help,
I think your better off using the eq. The eq starts boosting at 70 Hz, not an area where most sub-woofers do their best work. If you want to use a sub, I suggest using the 40 Hz setting on the eq. I don't think the eq really causes that much compromise, and the benefits far outweigh any disadvantages (which might have more to do with preconceived prejudice?). You can insert the eq into a tape loop of your pre, if you'd like to switch it out when listening to music without any sub 70 Hz sounds, but then you'll be introducing more things into the signal path.
Unsound,
Thanks for your comments. I have misplaced the equalizer during a move to a new place. I have read somewhere that Thiel suggests using any other equalizer available in the market. Do you have any recommendations for the equalizer in the market for this purpose.

Regards,
I'd keep an eye on e-bay. They show up from time to time there. After securing one, you might want to send it to Thiel for inspection. A bit of needed maintenance on the Theil eq's is not unheard of. Thiel tends to be very generous about doing such things. Using an off the shelf eq might work, but then you'll have many more switches in the signal path, most of which have nothing to do with your intended purpose. I think Thiel was originally suggesting that one could use some of the after market eq's such as the JP Labs Golden Flutes that were being marketed during the time that Thiel was making the 3.5's. Those can be quite difficult to find now. Before Thiel ran out of replacements eq's, I believe they were charging $600 for a replacement. Comparable quality in a cheap multi use off the rack eq would seem like a rather dubious effort in my opinion, especially considering your previously posted concerns.
Something for you to think about..... An amp with the age of yours and one that runs hot like yours will need the power supply caps replaced. This can be done by any competent repair shop or DIY guy. I have done this on severals amps. Understand it is time for this in your amp.

You may want to be proactive and do this maintance on both channels so they match. If you plan to keep this wonderful amp, then think of it as preventative maintanence much like your cars 105k scheduled maintence.

I see no reason you MUST send it to Krell. This can be done by a skilled local person if your luckily enough to have a shop near you. They can replace caps known to cause issues. May cost you far less also.