Relationship between Ethernet Switch and SQ

This one will probably invite some withering mockery, but I will ask....

I only stream, and my streamer (Bryston BDP) is fed with an ethernet cable that runs back to my router.  Literally back to my router; there are enough output jacks on the router that I have a long run to the streamer and no ethernet switch in the chain (or the house system for that matter).   (There is an Eno filter right before the streamer).

I happen to OWN a nice LHY ethernet switch.  I am assuming that there is no reason to use it in this configuration, that is, assuming there are noisier switches, and less noisy switches, there is still no net benefit of adding any switch to this chain.  But maybe, just maybe, in the metaphysics of electrons that I do not understand, there is some reason why a nice switch prior to the streamer accomplishes something (in theory...I get that I can A/B test and try to fool myself whether I can hear a difference).  For the first person with a correct answer, I will mail a nice $600 switch to the address you specify! (JK)

mathiasmingus

@deep_333 cult is cult, you are just one step away from drinking cyanide when John Swenson tells you to.

@nonoise 

you are really funny and you should read what you wrote:

No need to spend $3K for the one sold at GTT Audio but you'll have to source your own linear power supply and it won't have any of the mods in it but you'll be way ahead of the game for pennies on the dollar.

The mods are in the linear power supply...just to make that clear. I never said they were in the Aruba and neither did Chris. He mods the power supply unit for the  Aruba, as far as I know. 

he literally says the ground is on the backplane, 

That's exactly what I said. Why the need to correct me on that?

and you can see that what he is running his hand over is between the SFPs and the CPU, so he is says the ground is connected to the CPU. That is what he is saying. He likely doesn’t understand what he is saying however.

How you get that from what he said and did explains a lot. Your implications are faulty and intentionally misleading. He's clearly talking about the path from the SFPs to the chip and not the ground. A wave of his hand while mentioning the ground on the backplane and then pointing out the clear paths of the signal doesn't mean he's saying they're related. He talks quickly but I have no problem following what he's saying. 

Anyone who's on the fence about this needs only to go back and watch the video and it will be clear what he's talking about.

All the best,
Nonoise

first you agree he says ground runs to SFP to the CPU, then you disagree. Either way, any one can watch video where he clearly says the ground runs from SFP to CPU, which it does not. Again, like so many other parts of the video, he has no idea what he is talking about. And that is the point, you think he is informing, but he just makes things up as he goes, since he has no clue. And that is why “audiophile”  networking is just pure cult, there is no science or technology behind, just a bunch of people do not know the first thing about the topic being fooled by people who makes things up. End of story. Enjoy being swindled, and the cult membership card.

@cleeds 

fredrik222

... how about an actual test and dissecting of an "audiophile" switch?

People have reported their results but you tend to dismiss them with a wave of the hand or a string of insults. Of course you could conduct your own test, couldn’t you?

But when you don’t know anything about the topic, it is easy to be caught up details that really do not matter.

Nasty insults are no substitute for reason.

dismiss what? Person A without knowledge says the switch makes it worse, Person B without knowledge says it makes it better, is that what you are talking about? Or how about 100% of people with knowledge who says it doesn’t do anything?

What is clear is that the videos referenced in this thread are so faulty and devoid of facts that it is laughable. Come on, does any one really believe anything from a guy that says “isolation gadget”, when he describes components he supposedly modifies? And it also a plain lie, easily verifiable.

first you agree he says ground runs to SFP to the CPU, then you disagree. Either way, any one can watch video where he clearly says the ground runs from SFP to CPU, which it does not. 

I think I get it now....you're on meds, right?

All the best,
Nonoise

Post removed