REL subwoofer with old McIntosh tube gear?

Anyone using a REL sub with old McIntosh tube gear? If so, how do you have it wired? I'm trying to get rid of a 60 cycle hum when the amps are on...
neo-luddite
Lifting the ground is using a two-prong adapter on the end of your power cord that 'disables' the ground plug. Also, try using a Hum X by Ebtech. You could also try attaching the REL ground wire directly to the chassis of the amp instead of the speaker post.
I have had a REL Storm III with a McIntosh MC275 mkIV. Was wired from the speaker terminals in the amp into the REL, as the preferred method by the manufacturer. So this is bass reinforcement at the lower levels. The amp still try to reproduce the whole spectrum. I was very happy with it.

Having said that, I replaced the ReL with two Rythmik subs and I'm happier, and I'm thinking it might be best to have a crossover between amp and preamp so to avoid the low freqs from getting into the amp and let the subs reproduce them.
Thanks, tried grounding to chassis to no avail. I'll try the two prong idea...thanks much.
Try using the adapter on your Mc amplifier and be sure amp and sub are plugged into the same outlet.