REL G2 or JL Audio F112 ..thoughts for 2 channel

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M's floor standing speakers.....they go down to 40 hertz.......I was thinking about adding a sub in a room that is about 11' across and 20' deep with a 7' celing.....the speakers are on the short wall. The room is all ASC treated. I do not have all that much room on the side or in back due to Purist Audio cabeling......but it could be worked out. I have heard that the REL G2's would go well and yes I know they are both owned by Sumiko.....your thoughts
garebear

Showing 9 responses by garebear

Hello K-Rose - nothing as of this date. I am still uncertain about adding a sub to my current system. I hear ( no pun ) just as many good things about adding as sub as not so good comments about adding a sub. So, here I sit.....
Hello Westborn - nice piece of equipment ......So, is adding sub to a dedicated 2 channel system worth it ?????
Thank you members - but it seems that the REL's are easier to hook up and integrate with your main speakers than the JL Audio's are ....is that correct to assume ?????
Its very apparent that adding a sub - any sub- to a current two channel system sounds like a royal pain in the rear. You should really have an external crossover board -to properly integrate the sub with the mains and even that is fraught with issues. ( and cost ) Might just leave well enough alone as adding a sub might add more problems that what it would be worth. Thank you members for your input and it is still about the musuc !
Thanks Loyddelee - this is going on a two channel only set up......at a cross roads at the moment as I don't mind spending a few bucks to do it right - but it seems more of pain than what it's worth. Thank you for your help
Thanks Andrewrona - but I have narrowed my search down to REL or JL as my thread indicates
.......then adding a crossover if you are going to use 2 subs IS the correct way to go. Marchand Electronics is only 45 minutes from where I live as Shoff suggested. Who else makes a good crossover ??.....are they a PITA to hook up and how are they hooked up before I go any further ???
.....at the expense of being the origional poster and continuiung this thread....thank you Vicdamone for your input, however, you contradict yourself in that your initial statement indicates that REL is the one of the few truly musical sub woofers and later you state that they are the least musical ??? I am leaning towards the REL.....and through this site and all of the members help, I realized that I don't need the larger REL but maybe the R110 which does not include a downfiring passive radiator and just might be the right one for my room. And also that the R110's price point, I could but two and that's why I am looking into adding a good crossover and go that way.
Johnnyb53....thank you, this is exactly the inforamtion that I was looking for and some of it I did manage to find online. But you nailed it ...based on my room the JL Audio's F110 is the one that I think will be best of the two ( REL - JL ) and if I like one I will get another and add on a exterior crossover unit. Thanks for all of your help !