Regarding Joseph Audio Pulsar Loudspeakers

I am building a new 2 channel rig and I have all my components except for a pair of loudspeakers.  I want to concentrate on stand mounted speakers and the Pulsar's seem intriguing.  Anyone have experience with these or others that may be great contenders for under $10K? 
Primarily analogue listening. My mono blocks will drive any load.
Thanks 
128x128perazzi28
egaumond:

What is the height of your speaker stands?   I am currently using using 26" stands under my Prisms (because that's what I had) even though JA recommends 22-24.  I suspect shorter stands might be a marked improvement and I am curious as to your thoughts?  I would guess the Stillpoints raise them another 1" or so above the stand's top platform.   Hope this is not bad forum etiquette to ask this off topic question - if yes, apologies in advance.  

My stands (also ones that owned from previous speakers)  measure about 23.5" from the bottom of the base to the top of the platform.  The Stillpoints add about 2".  The center of the tweeter is about 36" off the floor.  I think they could handle another couple of inches in height, but I don't think the height is critical.  I am thinking of adding a 2" thick block of hardwood under the bases of the stands to compensate for the thick carpet they sit on, however.
With respect to the load that the Pulsars present to an amplifier, they do require a fairly beefy amplifier, as the sensitivity is down around 83db.  However, the impedance is a fairly consistent 8 ohms across the frequency spectrum, only briefly dipping to 6 ohms toward the lower end.  As I said, the Unico 50, which provides a very honest 125W/channel via a dual mono configuration with very high current, is an excellent match.

Used Tyler Acoustic Linbrook Signature Monitors, use the same drivers, except in a MTM configuration at a fraction of the cost. Bought mine used for $1400pr. Giant killers!!Many rave reviews right here in the Agon forum.
**** Dealer disclaimer ****

As noted above, the Pulsars are fantastic speakers (I've sold quite a few pairs of them), and they work extremely will with both solid state and tube amplification (not sure what the op is using?).

The KEF Ref 1's mentioned are also another great choice in this same approx. price range.