REGA-VPI JR- LINN- OR ? UNDER $800

Can someone share their choice for a used turntable under $800 ?
128x128lolo
To Lolo: If you're still following this thread, I've come to a conclusion (FWIW). Purchasing a second-hand TT is one thing, but used arms and cartridges can be tricky business, with ham-handed folks inflicting damage on unsuspecting gear. All things being equal, it seems that the Origin Live modified RB-250 is perhaps the best value on the planet right now. If I were starting from scratch, I'd purchase one of these highly-touted arms new, then find a good second-hand table to mount it on. I would imagine it to work on virtually any table - it reportedly is even a good match for the LP-12 due to the increased structural stability that the mod(s) bring. Then, get a good budget cartridge and start enjoying vinyl! You can always upgrade the cartridge (and the table, depending on which you choose), but you'll have the foundation for years of enjoyment I'm sure. Regards, John
VPI. Lots of upgrades. Very stable platform. Used Linns are asking for heartaches (unless you have a friendly Linnie to help you out). Rega 3 best if brand new.
I was alos looking for a turtable in that pricce range a while ago and auditioned the planar 3 because of all the praise it got. Listening to it, I quickly came to the conclusion that the planar 3 with an exact cartrdige was not nearly as good as my $700 cdp. I've decided to save up more, and might go the VPI or Basis route for the upgradability. Anyways, I would suggest that you listen to the more expensive players and/or the VPI line before buying something in the $800 range. And the planar 25 is WAY better than the 3. Viel Gluck