Refresh Ohm Walsh 4s or Walsh 5000 upgrade?

My Walsh 4s have been perfect for my space, with two REL T5s adding just a tad to tighten the base.  One crossover has finally gone after 30-40 years.  I am choosing between sending the crossovers and cans for a refreshing, or springing for the 4-5000 upgrade.  I read on the recent Ohm Walsh thread a few members have the 5000s.  Has anyone gone from an older Ohm Walsh 4 to the 5000, or had both?  What was the improvement or difference?

thanks 
sryeager

Final update for anyone interested in my break in experience.  Another month and a half in, the bass has tightened up.  I now have the bass set for medium sized room, and the subs will probably go to my children.  When I think of listening to music now, the memory and anticipation has a physical element to it.

I have two pairs of S5000 speakers. One was a pre-production prototype with the speaker cans mounted on Walsh 400 bases, the pedigree confirmed by John S himself.

The other pair I modified with the factory kit using new S5000 cans, replacement input board and some other stuff, using my Walsh 5 SEs that I have owned since new.

The modificaion on the 5 SEs are noticibly better than the original versions, which were still functioning great. I was quite pleased with the results. Highly recommend doing the S5000 upgrade vs a refurb.