Rediscovery

Being a member of the “streaming  revolution” for some time now, I’ve barely listened to my large CD collection (I’ve listened to records because I acquired a new analog setup). Several thousand CDs have been lying fallow. This is partially due to mobility issues (although records are more demanding,) and the convenience and lure of listening to new music,  Now, I’m delving into my CDs and discovering treasures long forgotten. Although it’s a little more effort, I find it very much worth it. It’s like refinding old friends.  Very rewarding.

Any of you having this experience?

128x128rvpiano

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

Congrats @ghdprentice  It is surely a transition even tho 7 years in i still have my toe in the bleeding edge world if just for a few hours a week. Peace and Happiness to you and yours !

@bob70 Makes perfect sense although 9 seems dreadful early except for an early morning flood fishing tide. 

Just one question “ them “ seems plural… ? Hate for that valuable accreditation to slip away on a slip of …. well you know…..

Anyway ….you seem to have a vise like grip on 70…. but these things come one at a time, until they don’t… best you

Warms my heart as i stream Blind Boys of Alabama - Taj Mahal - Talking Christmas…..

Great thread @rvpiano ,,, sorry to hear of mobility issues… i can relate as mine come and go…. i’m not so much knowledgeable as i am high milage out of warranty…..

@bob70 i suspect you would LOVE ROON….. no spreadsheets required…

@hickamore NAIM claim a 5-6 minute rip time… so the math is 350 hours or so… of rip time….DB Power amp is similar on my laptop. Project unfolded gradually over years after getting bulk of my collection ripped…. not something i want to repeat… and frankly as streaming improves the NAS rips are not always better sounding….

Best to you as i always enjoy your thoughtful contributions here

ALL 3.5 K CD’s and more bit perfect ripped into NAS…. browsing at ipad fingertips….