Records not stored vertically for decades

I’m looking to eventually get my vinyl rig back up n running and went to get my albums and found they’ve been lying flat probably for decades in two stacks of about 75 albums in each stack.  Any chance they’re still in good shape, or what damage may have been done versus being stored vertically?  They’ve been in a dry, temperature-controlled basement the whole time.  No way to play them right now so just hoping they might still be ok.  Thanks for thoughts.

soix

To overcome any concerns about playing Vinyl Horizontally after storing it Vertically. The Link is to show a type of device to help address such a concern.

Well, I got to look at some of my records today and they look to be in surprisingly good shape.  There may be some warping but tough to really tell just by looking (unfortunately didn’t get to view them on a flat surface) , there was no visible mold, and even the albums toward the bottom in their original paper sleeves looked very clean with no visible signs of the paper being embedded into the grooves.  Obviously the proof will be in the playing, but I was encouraged by what I saw and was surprised it wasn’t worse given the extreme length of time it’s been. 

@recordguardian what an "interesting" scenario of albums stacked up willy-nilly next to wood stove or fire place.

@soix If the PAVCR Manual Cleaning Method is utilised prior to any replays of this collection of Albums, there should be very very little, if any evidence of contamination in the Groove when the earliest of the replays are carried out.

Purified is the most accurate term I can select for describing the Cleaned LP played fresh of the Cleaning Process.    

I’ve always heard that laying records flat can cause warping but I can’t verify that. Stand them back up and hope for the best. Cheers