Record player sounds out of tune and "wavy"

I've been trying to diagnose this issue for a while. My records all sound slightly out of tune and "wobbly". I've tried old and brand new records and they all have the same issue. It's not an obvious thing to hear, but I can definitely hear it when I pay attention and it drives me crazy. Is it possible I set up the turntable wrong when I took it out of the box and assembled everything? Something with the belt? Or could it be a needle issue? I'm pretty much a turntable newbie, so I'm hoping there's some glaring error I'm unaware of. 

I don't hear the problem when playing anything else through the speakers (Bluetooth, Spotify, movies, etc.). I've also tried placing the turntable on the ground or making sure the table's surface is completely level. Still has the same issue. 

Here is a short clip to give you a sense of what I'm hearing. I hope you can hear it too! Any help is much appreciated! By the way it's a Kenwood KD-291R.

CLIP: 

timattin

Showing 1 response by vitussl101

I just listened to six or eight of these tables on Youtube and they all have some kind of speed issue.  I don't think a new belt would help much.  You want to keep it at or under three hundred bucks, used could be the way to go,  Tables like the Pioneer PL-512 or 514 (avoid 5-16,18 models) have large asynchronous motors that last a lifetime if maintained and are noticeably better than a lot of the newer so called affordable products out there.  They keep very good speed and I used to see them at $150-75. That leaves you a decent amount for a cartridge.  Dual turntables are nice also but they're more finicky to maintain.  Also check the better mail order outfits like Music direct and Upscale Audio for deals.  Anything they sell will be better by a substantial margin than what you have now.