Record Cleaning Machine - Loricraft PRC-3 vs. 4?

The Loricraft record cleaning machines look very promising, using a small point vacuum as opposed to a vacuum slot.

The PRC-4 has a stronger vacuum pump compared to the PRC-3, but is it really a significantly better choice in practice? (the difference in price, amortized over years of use and 1000's of cleanings, is less of a concern).

toronto416

Showing 3 responses by toronto416

Thanks for all the helpful responses.
Both the PRC-3 and PRC-4 look like very good options, and it is not a question of one being inferior to the other, but rather if one really offers any significant advantages in practice?
It sounds like other steps in the cleaning process are equally important considerations, and unrelated to a particular Loricraft model choice.
I am sure that most users would be happy with either one.
Just to complicate matters, I just discovered that the Keith Monks RCMs have a local distributor in my city, whereas Loricraft would have to be ordered from out of country. This reduces the cost differential between the Keith Monks and Loricraft RCMs.

Can anyone comment on the merits of the current production Keith Monks Omni or Classic over Loricraft?
Thank-you for the responses.

Keith Monks died in 2005 and the company closed. Production resumed in 2008 under the ownership of Keith Mokns son. Does the excellent build quality of Keith Monks RCMs apply to the current production models as well? How does the new company's product compare to the old?