Recommendation for used Amp to power Magnepan 1.6

I am searching for a used Solid state amp to drive my Magnepan 1.6 speakers. The amp will be paired with 20 year old Sonic Frontiers tube pre-amp. Have been using 40 w tube amps. Want to keep the price below $1000.00. I am considering a Belles 150a Hot Rod amp. Not sure if it has the power to drive my 86 dB maggies.

I would appreciate any feed back.

sml19
I run my 1.7i’s with an old Anthem MCA 20. Great sounding amp and you can find one for well under your budget. 

Best
Re birdfan: I do too.... the Anthem MCA 20 is an excellent choice to drive the 1.7i.
I have the Maggie 1.7QR's driven with a Parasound Halo A-21.  It is a wonderful combination.  It may be a few hundred outside your range, but worth every penny IMHO.  Being a class A/AB amp it runs warm, but never hot, and has all the gusto and clarity of the bigger money amps, your results may vary.
Another Parasound A21 owner here. I use it on my Magnepan MMGs. It sounds terrific and as a side note, I have a much lower watt tube amp that I had used on the MMGs but did not sound quite as good as the A21. Of course, as it had been mentioned already, high current is needed. If you find a quality dual mono amp, it would sound better, since it would present less strain/demand on the amp. I heard the Musical Fidelity M6 500i integrated amp some years back and the 1.6’s would sing sweetly with that amp.
Let's see, when Magnepan shows off their speakers, they use Bryston, or a Parasound A21? 

4B Bryston under a grand.