recommendation for speaker wire to soften the highs if possible

Hello,
I need help. My problem is my system sounds harsh on the highs to me. Not extremely bad, but enough that I need to fix it. My system consists of Ryan 610's, oppo Sonica Dac, and a Belles 150a hotrod amp. Speaker wires being used are old monster cable from the 90's. I also have monster cable rca. I mostly stream through Tidal. My question is can I make the desired effect by switching cables or should I add  a tube amp or pre amp. My budget on the wire would be around 300.00
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
128x128gunmetalzin
I agree that Dueland cable might tame the harshness you are hearing.  I don't see a preamp in your system, and if you are on a tight budget, I  would heartily advocate hearing a Schiit Freya preamp with the tubes upgraded to Shaguan 6SN7 tubes and you will get taste of audio splendor.  The next and final step would be a Don Sachs preamp. :-) Consider room treatments as well.  
Get Granny to make a Dueland set and jumpers. You will not regret it!
Thanks for all the great advice. I do have carpet in the room and my monster cables are Powerline plus 3. I also have my amp and oppo plugged into panamax MR4300.My speakers are 8 feet apart and on stands at 26 inch. They are about a foot away from the wall. I have furniture in the room as well. The room and my wife :) limit an ideal setup. it sounds like this weekend I should move things around to see if it makes a difference. If it does not make a big difference I think these are the suggestions if I’m reading correctly.
  1. .Replace wires with Dueland wires, or Signalcable or supra wires.
  2. .Replace interconnect cables.
  3. . Have Grannyring’s build some wires
  4. . Down the road add a pre amp (schiit or other tube)
  5. . * Ask local dealer to loan out and try cables. I like this option and I like the local dealer but price differs greatly.
Thanks again for all the help
How about acoustic panels behind the speakers? Experiment first with blankets/ pillows to see if they make a diff.
Check out GIK Acoustics, they make beautiful "art panels"
Could it be the tweeter and how you perceive hf sound?. Did you try a different speaker?.