Recommend speakers for a large living room

Hi, I am moving to a new apartment with a large living room (38" x 23", plus a dining area & kitchen). I am planning to have 2 different sitting areas given the size. Here is a picture of the floor-plan: https://ibb.co/J5szvj9

Everything is wood floors except on the blue squares where I plan to put carpet. I’ve been thinking of using omni-directional speakers (German Physiks Borderland) given the area is large and there are multiple listening locations. But I’d like to get some recommendations & also some ideas of where it would be best to place the speakers - so far my idea is to put them on the red circles.

My budget for speakers is ~$50,000.

dpal

Showing 1 response by augustus1127

My vote is Meridian DSP 8000, a subwoofer will not be necessary and you will not find a smoother effortless exact sound especially at lower pleasant volume. They can easily fill the rom in stereo and many Meridian owners are hooked on Trifield as well. Since they are digital the lengths of wire is nothing in comparison. You can pick up preowned pair for $16K and upgrade to SE later. I believe there is also a single on this site. If you look on the Meridian Hitchhiker site a lot more information on preowned equipment. I will say that I have been enjoying and building my Meridian system for over twenty years. I had Magnapan and Martin Logan prior, and got tired of the amp, preamp and wire games.