Recommend an MC cartridge

I have a Pure Fidelity Harmony TT with an Audio Origami PU7 tonearm and Stratos cart (modified Gold Note Donatello Gold) and have ordered a Whest Titan Pro phono stage. I'm looking for a suitable cartridge to replace the Stratos. I prefer something from My Sonic Lab, Ortofon or Hana.

Any suggestions?

dwcda

I have been selling and installing (and inspecting under a stereoscopic microscope) cartridges since the late 80’s. My experience has shown that Ortofon cartridges are by far the most consistent in manufacturing.  So much so, that, after dialing the tracking force, adjusting the tone arm to be dead nuts parallel to the platter will give you perfect VTA, or, more properly, stylus rake angle.  And the diamond mounting has always been perfect, not a given with many 4 figure cartridges. Likely there is an Ortofon cartridge that will suit your taste and budget. Mine was the Cadenza Bronze mounted on a Linn Ittok arm and LP-12.  And please consider a SUT. You won’t be disappointed.

Anywhere near the $2K price range and Lyra Delos gets my vote and would be suitable for your arm and phono preamp. It does everything right and sounds great at all frequency bands but the midrange is stellar.

Betters the comparable range in the Ortofon Cadenza IMHO.

The Audio Technica ART9XI is a giant killing sweet, squeaky clean and colorful sounding cartridge at its price point.

You might also want to look at Benz, and Ikeda cartridges, or even EMT cartridges.

It is worth listening to Shelter Harmony, if the budget allows. I have tried in my system most of the above referenced cartridges and Harmony sounds the best all around. My other preferred choice will be the MSL Signature Gold. Good luck in your search.