Recommend a desktop nearfield speaker for me

I'm a bit confused as to whether "bookshelf speakers" are designed to be listened to from a distance, or if they are suitable on a computer desk where the distance to the ear is only ~2 feet. Or, if they are equally good in both situations (which seems to be tough).

I understand that nearfield speakers are optimized for small distances, but they are mostly active speakers, and I need a passive speaker.

Could someone recommend a passive nearfield speaker or bookshelf speaker that works well at small distances, for use on a computer desk?

My tube amp (LTA UL+) puts out 20 Wpc into 8 ohms.

I'm considering:

1. DeVore micr/O
2. BBC LS3/5A speakers such as the Harbeth P3SR
3. Focal Aria 1, maybe Sopra 1 if I stretch my budget. However the recommended amp power is 25W - 150W whereas my amp is 20W, so might not be ideal.
4. Omega Super Alnico High Output

Which (or others) might be best suited for my amp and 2-feet distance use-case? Also, the smaller the better...

128x128atriya
@akg_ca

HARBETH P3ESR XD +++ Absolutely, nothing really compares to the superb sound produced with the right set-up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYgTI-czog

For your listening distance nearly any loudspeakerswill work

We got fabulous sound out of atc which are very inefficient with a 40 watt naim if the roon is small and the distance is so short 5 watts will get you plenty of volume let alone 20

I have an Audioengine class D small footprint amp, a Jamo upright pancake sub, and original Kef LS50 speakers. This nearfield desk system is absolutely superb sounding. Apple music and Alexa are my sources. I have stereo setups around my house, and these speakers are as good as any of them (ESS AMT1b, Magneplanar) Happy listening!

@deep_333 Are "point source" speakers like the KEF LS50 Meta always better than something like a Harbeth or Falcon LS3/5A-style speaker, for nearfield listening? I do value good imaging.

Vangaurd Scout speakers at Vera Fi Audio $299 per pair. I've seen several good reviews, and they can be combined with the Vera-Link powered bluetooth for and extra $200......for wireless use