Recommend a desktop nearfield speaker for me

I'm a bit confused as to whether "bookshelf speakers" are designed to be listened to from a distance, or if they are suitable on a computer desk where the distance to the ear is only ~2 feet. Or, if they are equally good in both situations (which seems to be tough).

I understand that nearfield speakers are optimized for small distances, but they are mostly active speakers, and I need a passive speaker.

Could someone recommend a passive nearfield speaker or bookshelf speaker that works well at small distances, for use on a computer desk?

My tube amp (LTA UL+) puts out 20 Wpc into 8 ohms.

I'm considering:

1. DeVore micr/O
2. BBC LS3/5A speakers such as the Harbeth P3SR
3. Focal Aria 1, maybe Sopra 1 if I stretch my budget. However the recommended amp power is 25W - 150W whereas my amp is 20W, so might not be ideal.
4. Omega Super Alnico High Output

Which (or others) might be best suited for my amp and 2-feet distance use-case? Also, the smaller the better...

128x128atriya

Harbeth P3esr — one of the few speakers I still regret selling. It is so balanced, non-fatiguing, and natural sounding that you would never want to stop listening. The only downside is that it needs a fair bit of power to drive it to its full potential. 

HARBETH P3ESR XD +1 highly recommended

- Works with a wide range of amplifiers – suggested from 15W/channel

https://youtu.be/22BwUQZ50eQ

2023 STEREOPHILE Editor's Choice Award

"I love the Harbeth P3ESR. I think it's the best iteration yet from any manufacturer of the BBC LS3/5A minimonitor concept." - John Atkinson

I use ProAc Tablette for near field listening at my desk and they are amazing. I use a custom tube amp to drive them. My local shop that I bought them from demoed them using Audi Note Kondo amps and I was blown away. Small form factor makes them perfect for my desk. 

John 

https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/jern-12xf-standmount-loudspeaker/Your amplifier will drive less efficient loudspeakers then what you have mentioned at your distance alower efficienttcy oudspeakers your amp will work well

Look at a set of jern monitors incredibile clarity and imaging and tiny

DAVE and Troy

Audio intellect nj

Jern importers

You will need some speaker with a single 2 way concentric driver, i.e., the tweeter sits right in the crack middle...kef ls50, mofi, fyne, etc (where the drivers summing is no longer an issue at small distances).

Get a pair of mofi sourcepoint 8 and set them on stands either side of your PC desk. 

(Speakers that are too small sound like trash no matter how close you sat or not.)