Recent equipment you hated, thought overpriced

Enough with the glowing accounts and positivity. What equipment have you bought in the last couple of years that you either just hated or thought sounded good but was significantly overpriced? Dish it out.
jult52

Showing 5 responses by polk432

I've borrowed Bybee, Shakti, Tice and other tweeks from a friend that used to be in the audio business, and I'll take a Rolex any day. Even he admitted that they made little if any difference in sound. They just cost a lot that's all. You'll get a lot more in return for a Rolex than any of that other crap, but it's to each his own with His or Her money. I choose not to be foolish enough to waste mine. I'm glad I was able to try out the tweeks since most don't get the oppertunity to do so first.
I'm with Zydo. Hook up a bunch of overpriced tweeks to a Bose wave system or a system that uses seperate speakers and it should sound as good as a full blown MBL system. Right?
Who would admit that they paid lots of money for something that made little to no difference? If you have good equipment you don't need tweeks. If you like wasting money, fine. I'll still take a Rolex. If Bybee bullets sell for 2K and make 20K difference in sound as claimed, then why don't they sell for 20K? Shakti's 1200 to 1700 for a few pieces of wood? Yeah, right.
I loved the Rolex I had. I sold it and invested in gold silver plat and finally got my hands on some rhodium. With the profits I make I'll get another Rolex for a lot less than I paid for the first one. At least it will do something. TWEEKS don't. Keep right on fooling yourselves. Maybe someone could try using Shakti's as speaker stands with still points under them, and whatever you do don't forget bybee bullets. Let us know how the combo works for you. Maybe I'll try a silver brick on top of my components and some stacked gold coins under the feet. I'll bet the sound is amazing.