Reasonable high end interconnects: without breaking the bank

I am in the process of updating my audio equipment and have realized my interconnects are probably not up to snuff; I use the ones provided by the manufacturers.  My current set up includes a Leben cs600 amplifier, California audio lab Icon Mark II CD player, Linn Akurate Streamer, Feikert Volare Table and Spendor SP1 speakers ( in final stages of upgrade to either Audio Note E, Devore O93 or Joseph Profile).  I have been investigating interconnects and have a bit of sticker shock.  So any suggestions on interconnects that won't  bankrupt me?  Is silver truly preferable to copper with respect to resolution and detail?
Thanks
MP

mpomerantz

Showing 4 responses by tobor007

I would say prior to spending even 10% on cables for your system, check out Gene DellaSala's (Audioholics, youtube) advise on what cables can and can't do. You can buy well made, basic cables for very reasonable prices.  
Correct! If you blind test and fail to hear the difference in a between a $15 cable and a $300 cable you must throw the evidence out. What will be attacked next? Perhaps walnut speaker wire elevators? Special on eBay now. 8 elevators for 
nonoise
Being an objectivist is merely a facade for being subjective in that belief.

Ultimate catch 22. Well played. Objectivity is no longer possible.
We observe with our senses.
True. Perhaps these discussions should should end quickly with the "agree to disagree" reasoning. I am guilty of this. Thinking about the passion we have for the hobby, we are much more alike than not. 
Dave