Rare Music?

I am a newbie to this site but I have been observing for quite sometime. I don't know if this topic has been brought up before, but I thought I would give it a whirl.

Anybody got any Rare music, maybe by a known artist or a not so well known artist that you think others would enjoy? Or is anybody looking for a rare recording? Do you have Orginal Albums in mint shape that your proud to talk about?

I have been a fan of music all my life and rare recordings used to be a BIG hobby of mine but it seems that in the past few years, rare recordings have become pretty mainstream. It's not hard to find a Live "bootleg" (that ususally sounds bad anyway) or a "Japanese" import of an album marked up 30 bucks with the same songs as the domestic recording - or what about that rare B sides that just show up on a Box Set.

But when it was hard to find, it was fun.

e.g.,
I just noticed that the "Grand Funk Railroad - Survival" Album was just released on CD here in the US. I heard this album when I was a kid over and over again (the Quadrophonic Stereo recording I might add) and I haven't heard or seen it sinceand for a while there I was looking pretty hard.

Not that I am a huge GFR fan, but it sure would have been nice to find this when it was still hard to find.
cjhedinger
I have a couple Klaatu LPs. I remember the Beatles rumor.
Give me the urge to go through my LPs this weekend looking for more rare ones.
Cj, as audiophiles, we are of course all crazy ;-) Thanks for looking for the cd -- I found it but it is not available. I'm on the waiting list though. Thanks again.

Jeff, a Zappa "Whipping Post" -- that, I've got to hear!
Jeffloistarca,

I looked up Spooky Tooth, says Gary Wright is (was) the front man - the "Dreamweaver" guy. Pretty interesting...
One of my prized possessions...a double live AC/DC soundboard DAT source bootleg...from the Back in Black tour...recorded in Tokyo...this is the best live album never made! I will never sell this...even if my life depended on it...it is that good...ultra rare!
The Zappa, Does Humor Belong in Music (though real spiff) isn't all that rare. F.Z's Them or Us also has a version of Whipping Post on it, but Dweezil only solos on the live one. Make a Jazz Noise Here, Roxy and Elsewhere, Ahead of Their Time and Bongo Fury also have lots of valuable live twisted Zappa goodness on them.
If any one can point me towards Larry Coryell/ Fairyland, Good God, L.S. Bearforce, Dave Pike/Solomao, Wolf/Satutation Point, A.F.T., or Egberto Gismonti/ Fantasia, PLEASE RESPOND!
PS, near the end of their run, Spooky Tooth made a weak record or two w/ Mike Patto (from Patto) in their band. The first three records Patto put out are at present criminally under recognized. Ollie Halsall's guitar work alone establishes these records as some of the best rock stuff ever put out.