Question for Weiss Dac 501 Owners

This Thursday I have a Weiss 501 coming to my home. This piece has a lot of functionality and I am intrigued by the digital signal processing abilities and different filters that can be used. Does anyone with this piece of gear use  the digital signal processing functions? If yes, what has been your experience? I am a long time Roon user also

thanks, 

Larry

128x128tuberist

Showing 1 response by jimmy2615

I did not respond to this thread back in July, had just moved homes.  In my last home, I had a pretty symmetrical room, and found the DSP function not all that necessary, and perhaps a slight sound quality hit when activating them.  My new room is totally asymmetrical and has some bass issues.  With the DSP I have tamed a boom issue around 100 hz and bumped up the bass in one channel at low frequencies to make up for the other side having a wall closer to it, and bumped up both channels bass in the lowest octave given other room issues.  It works great.  So my conclusion has been it’s nice to have if you need them, and they work nicely.    Very flexible settings with lots of options.