Question for those that bolt their speakers to stands

I’m awaiting a new pair of KEF R3 speakers and since they have the mounting holes for bolting to the top plate of a stand I plan on using them that way. Up to this point I’ve typically utilized small sorbothane pads between the speakers and top plates. The tackiness helps to secure the speaker very well and it does a decent job decoupling the speaker along with protecting the bottom surface of the cabinet from scratches.

Considering the fact that I definitely want to protect the bottom of the R3 speakers while also bolting them down snugly, I’ve thought about using the sorbothane pads that I have already and sandwiching them between the speaker and top plate. The pads I use now are not designed to support a speaker as heavy as the R3 but this shouldn’t matter since any pads will probably be compressed beyond their ideal range since I’m bolting the R3s to the stands.  So in this case the pads will simply be for protecting the cabinet finish (along with very limited decoupling), and then I can use something like the Herbie’s Threaded Stud Gliders on the bottom of the stands for true decoupling. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or alternative suggestions based on their own similar experiences?  I appreciate the input.
indyvw
Post removed 
I appreciate the Fat Dot recommendation. Just to restate one of the main points here, I anticipate any of the pads I use between the speakers and stands will most likely not work at optimum capability because of the fact that I’ll be bolting the speakers to the stands and therefore compressing the pads significantly more than would normally be recommended for the preferred free standing, un-mounted application.  Also, there will still be a mechanical link between speaker and stand via the bolts and they won’t ever be truly decoupled in this manner.  Given the cost of the Herbie’s Fat Dots ($80-$100 for 8pcs), I think I would prefer to spend the money on something they offer that may be more beneficial due to the fact that I can use it properly, such as the threaded gliders. Does this thought process make sense to others?
Blu-Tack works perfectly well but in this particular case I just prefer to use something slightly more “substantial” to help protect the bottom of the cabinet. Not really a performance concern between the two. Make sense?