question for Luxman L-590AX owners

I own the subject amp, have had it for 3-4 years. I recently noticed a low hum or buzz coming from the amp itself (not the speakers), and would swear that it has been dead quiet up until now. You have to have your head right down beside it to hear it. I'd like to hear what other owners have to say. Are your amps completely quiet? Seems like I may have developed an issue. Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas.
builder3

Showing 4 responses by ryder

No hum but I’ve trigerred the protection circuit several times now as the amp automatically shut down by itself. The system was played continuously for several hours, sometimes above 10 hours in a day when it happened. At least I am aware the protection circuit feature of the amp is working and the unit is protected from the heat that it produces.

It sounds magnificent by the way.
Yes, plenty of space around the amp. It only happened twice for the past 6 months of use.
So the OP has the mk1 version of the L-509X. Just to clarify that my L-590AXII does not show any hum. Very silent and no issues whatsoever except that it automatically shuts down by itself, occasionally, after prolonged listening sessions at moderate to high volume levels. Guess the protection circuit feature of the amp is working fine which is a good thing!
No buzz with my L-590AXII. Something is wrong with the unit or the mains power supply if there's a buzzing sound from the amp.