Qualities Of An End-game System

Qualities of an end game system: 

- Speakers disappear

- The room disappears

-  The listener disappears, his mind is shut down/gone.

- There is nothing left but the perception of falling into an abyss filled with music. 

- The listener doesn't know where any of the music came from, but, it is all inside of him. Sex, drugs, etc can't come even remotely close to such an experience of pure audio nirvana.

If your system can't do that (whatever it may be), you have no end game.

deep_333

Compared to the other high end system i put in my post above this one is so fatiguing for my ears , as i can hear it through my own low cost well balanced system i would keep mine over this one in this non acoustically controlled room😁 :

Go to 21 minute and listen to it if you can :

And end game system is a system/room/ears which is balanced when we take into account all acoustics concepts and factors and parameters into account with none of them being too much or lacking...

All acoustics factors contribute anyway to any audiophile experience aspects...

What we call simply "imaging" in audiophile vocabulary is a way more complex set of factors added together than the simple word "imaging" can convey or could suggest...

These factors are mechanical factors , electrical factors and acoustical factors even psychoacoustical factors...

This is why "end game " system is not about the gear pieces separately and their price tags but it is related to the way we are able to put them together in an optimal way using basic knowledge or refined acoustics knowledge if we go for the best possible experience with a relatively low cost system as it is the case for most of us...

"High end" or audiophile experience as said very wisely mike lavigne is a way of thinking ...

OP, you forgot one crucial point..."and a retail audio customer disappears"

The reason why my small speakers are so good in spite of their physical limitations which is their small size is the way i modified them is inspired by the concept of transmission line speakers and the Helmholtz resonators principle...

I redesigned the rear porthole with a bundle of different straws of different size and length (max 3 feet ) inserted behind the speakers in the porthole. my speakers are now 50 hertz instead of 80 hertz and clear bass and no negative trade-off... I also redesigned the wave guide to make it better at near listening by putting a cylinder of optimal length near 6 inches...

now these speakers which were well reviewed when i bought them but which i disliked sound like a 1000 bucks small speakers not like a 100 bucks one... I love them so much i will not need to upgrade if they fail ... I will buy another one and modify them the same way ...

High end : basic acoustics knowledge ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_line_loudspeaker

I applaud Mahgister for being happy  with with his low cost system.  Most of us keep throwing money at ours with small incremental upgrades.  [myself included.]  Theoretically,  what more do we need besides the enjoyment of music?  The other side of my brain sees it differently at times.