Qualio IQ owners, still happy?

I'd like to hear from current or former owners of these speakers. Also anyone who has had an audition of them. What do you think? These are on my radar.

128x128ozzy62

arafiq what have you heard north of $20k that you feel beats the Qualios and why?

I said ‘south’ of $20k. I don’t think it beats $25k and above. But that’s based on one 3-hour listening session only. 

@wig

Both are very good speakers. Here is how they differ.

The Parsifal is very refined and relaxed. Great imaging and very engaging. Dynamics are very good, but not great. Very forgiving to bad recordings, so very easy to listen to.

The IQ is very open and detailed, especially the midrange. It will play louder than the Parsifal and is more dynamic. It also pulls you into the music, but in a different way. It's a "sit up and take notice" kind of sound. Not as kind to bad recordings.

So two different approaches to music reproduction. Only the listener can decide which is best for them.

@ozzy62 thanks for sharing the feedback. Would you say the midrange is relatively thinner compared to your Parsifals? When I heard the Qualio speakers at my friend's place I felt the midrange (lower midbass area to be more precise) was just a tad bit more anemic than other speakers I've heard. It very well could be his amplification or room though.

I don't find the midrange of the Qualio anemic or lacking at all. In fact, it has more texture than a lot of speakers, which makes them sound more real. The Parsifals have a smoother midrange and I guess some listeners would prefer that.