Qobuz.

Who is using g Qobuz and how are you finding it? Thank you.
128x128bander

Showing 1 response by fran330

It seems everybody is North American here and Qobuz hasn’t been available for long for you. I just wanted to give my 2 cents as a Belgian user who has used Qobuz since early 2016.

I think the Qobuz sound is great but most of you here have noticed and are more knowledgeable and better equipped than me around sound.

What I especially wanted to share is this: Before I used Qobuz, I used Deezer, then Spotify. One of the things I appreciate immensely with Qobuz is its "culture" = the fact that they really support good music. With Qobuz I don’t only listen to music, I learn about music. For instance:

- Whatever the kind of music, what they offer in their Qobuz playlists is excellent music. I discovered many artists I din’t know before, thanks to those playlists.

- They don’t give a description for all artists nor all albums but when there is one, it’s always rich and intelligent.

- The Magazine (on their website) is also another great source of new discoveries and intelligent reviews.

The downsides:
(same as many of you here noticed)
- They don’t have (yet?) as many albums as bigger streaming services
- Their search engine could be finer, more subtle.
- Their present app is really made for tablets & smartphones. I don’t know about Mac but on PC Windows, it’s not greatly comfortable and I experience bugs now and then. They used to have another app for PCs’ (up to 2018 ?). Although some of the new features are interesting, the old app was much more comfortable to use and more reliable.

Anyway, the downsides are for me much less than the advantages. In fact I feel grateful to Qobuz for the pleasure and quality of listening, and for the many musical discoveries I made (and make every day).