PSVane KT150

Does anyone have any experience with PSVane KT150’s? Specifically the difference between the KT150PT or the KT150J? I also see the ART series. Looking to put them in my Octave V70 Class A and didn’t want to fry it lol. Thanks in Advance 

128x128audiosaurusrex

I bought a matched quartet recently for my v110SE. They did indeed try to fry my amp :( fortunately, Octave’s protection circuits are very good indeed. Returned to dealer, tested and found to be faulty. Obviously that put me off PSvane rather thoroughly, but the manufacturer has now reached out to me and offered a new set, once they’ve finished some in progress manufacturing changes.

@technomagus 

Thanks for the response. Not sure I want to risk it after your experience. I was hoping for another KT120 on the market but it seems like the Tund-Sol is the only choice. Thank you

No problem - I’ll probably try the replacements when they arrive - I need a backup set of valves, would rather not buy Russian, and I’m currently out of pocket on customs fees and VAT!

New Sensor (Tung-Sol) came out with the KT120 around 15 years ago now. It’s a great product - I’ve uses dozens of sets by now, and still never a single problem.

Shortly thereafter, Psvane made their own KT120 copy. It didn’t go well, and was pulled from market. I remember lots of online discussion over these tubes either going bad quickly, or just causing problems from the start. And it seems every time they tried again - you get the same stories. Nobody ever rode off into the sunset with those tubes. And now they’ve copied KT150 - you couldn’t pay me enough money to stick those in one of my amps.

As far as I’m concerned Chinese tubes stop at KT88 (here at least - they’ve made some good ones, although the original Shuguang factory seems to be deceased). Why risk anything else?