PSVANE Discussion & Impressions Thread

Hi everyone,

We are the official PSVANE team, and we are thrilled to announce the release of our latest Horizon series vacuum tubes. This discussion thread is dedicated to engaging with you and addressing any questions you might have about PSVANE vacuum tubes.

With 16 years of experience in the tube sector, our team is empowered by many seasoned experts. We invite everyone to join in sharing, communicating, and discussing any questions and knowledge about vacuum tubes here.

128x128alightronics

@ampus,

I can certainly understand the defect concerns; however, that can be stated for any tune, new or NOS. I personally have had no failures with any variants, MKIIs or Art series. My failures were with NOS tubes. 

Also, the Octave Jubilee does not drive the preamp tubes hard. There is a high and low switch for gain. The Psvane tubes are in both high and low gain positions. I currently use the low gain setting due to having horns. 

I am not advocating or endorsing the Psvane but merely stating the facts as I know them from using the Psvane 12au7 Art and MKiI based on real world experiences. 

Since the Horizon is new and not that costly, I am going to order a set to experiment with. 

@tlcocks The EL34 you have is already the highest grade EL34 from PSVANE, offering the best overall performance and sound quality.

Audioquest4life: Very curious to hear your thoughts on the ART series vs Horizon 12AU7. Please let us know how it works out. 

@hdm,

For sure. I will provide immediate feedback and likewise after roughly 20-30 hours of use. 

I received the Psvane Horizon tubes today. At first, I thought the order was messed up as the boxes they came in are printed with Psvane Classic series tubes, not Horizon. When I opened the boxes, that is when I saw that the tubes had Horizon etched on the glass.

Also, the Psvane web store states within the Amazon portal that these are matched, but there are no measurements scribed on the boxes, nor any indication that these are matched tubes. These are sold as a pair and are advertised as matched. I just don’t see any measurements to validate that they are in fact matched. One other thing is I don’t know if these are tested for low noise like when I purchase from other sellers. My preamp is sensitive to mismatches and noisy tubes. It will be a leap of faith for me to try these tubes in my preamp.