Psvane 300-B Tubes ? ? ?

Does anyone out there have any experience with Psvane 300-B MKII or their WE300-B Replica tubes ?  

I found the best sound from initially the Sophia Princess mesh-plate 300-B's, then their Royal Princess 300-B's however I'm definitely NOT happy with their reliability, especially the Royal Princess !  
I had a mesh-plate from new have a glowing spot on the mesh-plate, and they told me it was from sitting on the shelf for over a year !  REALLY ! ? ! ?  And I had two Royal Princess tubes go out with less than 600-hours on them, unfortunately well-past 1-yr. warranty.  Left a bad taste...  I'm NOT going back...  
I've tried EH gold-grid 300-B's, Gold-Lion's, JJ's...  All sound somewhat different but the Sophias sounded the best, however in my experience, reliability is questionable...  Thanks...  John  
128x128liquidsound

Showing 5 responses by liquidsound

Thanks to all of you so far with your supportive comments...  I think that music-reproduction quality is definitely in the ears of the beholder.  No one has said positive things about Sophia's reliability, so I'll keep steering clear of their products.  I have tried the Gold Lion's and JJ's and prefer the sound of the Sophia's over those, however will try the Psvanes...
Thanks for this information.  I have heard the Emission-Labs 300-B (not the XLS variant) and they sound good however not as good (in my opinion) as my Sophia Princess mesh-plates tubes.  I'm looking for a substitute, as I believe I'm on borrowed time with them.  
Here here !  Most 300-B tubes I have tried sound good.  The subtle differences are in the Mfg and elements used I believe.  As for the amps, yes...  the PSU's and other components (ie...  transformers) help make up or color the sound.  I have a BorderPatrol S20 dual-mono parallel 300-B SET amp and the response is very linear.  I prefer the sound of the Sophia Royal Princess tubes and if it weren't for my negative experiences with reliability would still have them.  That's why I am looking for a great replacement.  
Yes...  The Sophia mesh-plates are really as you say, a hole-punched piece of metal rather than a true woven mesh. They do sound good however but also run at about max for a mesh-plate.  They lasted fairly well but I don't like that one I got had a hot-spot on the plate !  I had to return it for a new one but since it was out of warranty, I had to pay 1/2 price for a replacement.  (I bought them but shelved them till I replaced my original set and it was bad right out of the box.)   
I'm still using the Sophia mesh-plates.  I gave up on the Royal Princess a good while ago.  I am looking for a good replacement for the Princess mesh-plates.  I have heard the Emission-Labs solid plates, not the mesh.  The sound is good but notably different than the Sophia mesh plates.  If I can find a 300-B tube that sounds like the Sophia mesh-plates or the Royal Princess, that would be great.  No more Sophia tubes for me !