PS Audio Revises Marketing to a Direct Sales Only Model

Discussion on the PS Audio Forum sponsored by PS Audio indicates that over the next 4 months PS Audio will be transitioning to a Direct Sales Only Model.  PS Audio CEO Paul McGowan acknowledged change was coming within the next four months.  Wish the best to PS Audio on the change.  I wonder what the impact will be on dealers currently holding new stock.  The thread on the PS Audio Forum is titled Is - PS Audio Going Direct Sale Only?
weedeewop

Showing 1 response by br3098

maybe its time for someone to set up a "demo dealer" someone that is not there to sell to you but to allow you to listen, feel and spend time with an item. maybe the manufacturers can pay them or you pay for the services maybe both. I'd love to go into a spot listen and look at new stuff and if I like something buy it online directly. I don't know if it's is a financial model that would work but interesting anyway.
An interesting idea but you're right it's not a workable financial model.  It's hard enough to make a profit as a dealer based on the sale of new and used gear.  How could anyone manage the overhead without sales revenue?  Based on my experience, I doubt that many (any) audiophiles would be willing to pay for this; at least enough to offset actual operating expenses and a modest profit.  And who goes into business, working his/her arse off with the idea of limiting themselves to a modest profit?

Home demo (purchase with right of return or clean demo) is a better way to go.  I wish more manufacturers supported and promoted this method.