PS Audio PP300 works great, but......

Seasons greetings. I hooked up my brand new PP300 last night. If I listen critically and technically, I can clearly state that it does EVERYTHING they say it does. Much blacker background, Much tighter bass, Much greater detail and instrument space. However, even though all of these things are done better than I ever imagined, I find the music to be less involving. Has anybody else had this experience? Will it get better with break-in? I don't want to give up all of these benefits, but I want my musicality back. FYI: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK5i, BAT VK500, Dynaudio Confidence 5.
metaphysics

Showing 1 response by onhwy61

I'm a big fan of the PS product and have used it in two different systems with excellent (and consistent) results. In a high resolution system the PS has the ability to seemingly deconstruct the sound. A friend noticed the change in my system immediately and her initial reaction was similar to yours. I believe the the PS is simply showing what's really on the disc, blemishes and all. It can be a little disconcerting, but I've had mine for six months and consider the PS an essential part of my system.