PS Audio Phono + Sony HAP-Z1ES

Does anyone know if a person can send the D/A output of the PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter directly into a Sony HAP-Z1ES for archiving vinyl? It would be great to have a 2-box solution for archiving vinyl. The Sony only has an Ethernet input and the PS Audio does not have that corresponding output port so I assume they do not talk to each other, or is there a cable that can accommodate both? Or is there something that can link them that is simple?

I am sure there is something I am not understanding about these devices but upon reading the reviews it seemed as though a relatively simple solution might be at hand for this task by mating these two devices.

Thanks to all who respond.
lubachl

Showing 4 responses by harri009

The sony has no digital input or output. The USB and Ethernet are purely for use of network connection and the USB is for external storage. ALL music must pass through the computer and be stored on the internal or external via USB hard drives. The USB connected hard drive cannot have music already on it, it must be transferred from the computer through the network.
I would look into an Ayre QA-9 which is an Analog to digital converter. You would plug this into a computer to make the copies. The Sony is basically a audio server which plays DSD and PCM files which are stored directly on the sony.
I see now, I was thinking your ps was just a phono preamp. Yes your turntable would go to your ps audio which would go to a computer and create a DSD or PCM file. You could then transfer this file into the sony to be stored and played back. The sony would store the file and connect to your preamp-amp-speakers.
But to answer your question about the direct connection to the sony the answer is no. You would have to go to a computer first and then transfer the file from the computer to the sony where it would then be stored on the sonys internal drive or USB external drive for later playback.