PROTOTYPE FUSES - NEW THREAD

The prototype fuses are breaking in very nicely. Last night's listening session was something very special indeed.

The projected release date is mid-October.

Stay tuned for more information.  

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

The problem with hyperbole is ya have to write ad copy a week or so later that exceeds it….
“ what would set me free

is if everybody experienced

what happened to ME “

Eagles

added emphasis, mine…

Play it loud. 
in short, no a fuse does not eliminate clipping but might save the bacon as it happens. The bacon may include your amplifier.
This is why you want to pick your self appointed expert carefully….

Power supply fuses not only protect the house but the power supply. Clipping may or may not take out a fuse.

Effects[edit]Difference between clipped and maximum unclipped waveformsSpectrograph showing the odd-order harmonics of a sine wave pushed into hard clipping

In a transistorized amplifier with hard clipping, the gain of the transistor will be reducing (leading to nonlinear distortion) as the output current increases and the voltage across the transistor reduces close to the saturation voltage (for bipolar transistors), and so "full power" for the purposes of measuring distortion in amplifiers is usually taken as a few percent below clipping.

Because the clipped waveform has more area underneath it than the smaller unclipped waveform, the amplifier produces more power than its rated (sine wave) output when it is clipping. This extra power can damage the loudspeaker. It may cause damage to the amplifier's power supply or simply blow a fuse.

Frank nice to know you appreciate Acoustic Sounds work. I find when they have access to the master tape and it’s in great shape - magic happens. :-) enjoy the music.